Going to Canada?

Many Americans fly into Canada on business or as tourists. Normally a visa is not necessary for American citizens, however, a non-American foreign national is now required to have an Electronic Travel Authorization before they can enter Canada after they enter a point of entry or get off an airplane.

Also, individuals (both American and non-American foreign nationals) with criminal records such as a recent DUI conviction are subject to the stringent ETA requirements.

Summers, Rufolo & Rodgers doesn't attempt to give advice on Canadian law on this issue. However, a Montreal, Quebec solicitor Marisa Feil at FW Canada [email protected] may be a good starting point to contact if you have any questions or concerns about getting into Canada.