Jury awards $18.8 million to young man with mesothelioma from talc

A California jury has awarded a 24-year-old man $18.8 million after finding he developed mesothelioma after being exposed to Johnson & Johnson’s talc products since childhood. The $18.8 million is meant to compensate the young man for his medical bills and pain and suffering. However, he may not collect the compensation in his lifetime. This is because

The dirty truth about benzene in dry shampoos

Cosmetics and personal hygiene products must comply with strict regulations to ensure they are safe for consumers. This includes everything from what goes into them and how they are made to what companies print on the label. Unfortunately, there are still situations where these products put consumers in danger. For example, dry shampoo, could contain

Many haven’t heard of Paraquat, but its effects can be deadly

Nowadays, most people are familiar with the horrific health effects of substances such as asbestos, lead paint and other once-common household chemicals. Fortunately, use of these toxic substances is on the decline, and they cause fewer deaths now than ever before. However, other substances – such as Paraquat – are still causing far too many

Newborn loungers recalled for suffocation risk, 8 infant deaths

About 3.3 million newborn loungers manufactured by the Boppy Co. have been recalled after eight babies died from suffocation while sleeping in the devices. Babies should never be left to sleep on an incline, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. Instead, they should always be placed on their backs on a firm, flat surface

Skip to content