Common Aspects Of Asbestos Lawsuits
If you suffer from mesothelioma, lung cancer, asbestosis or another asbestos-related disease and are exploring your legal options, you may wonder what the legal process entails. Since the 1970s, the law firm of Summers, Rufolo & Rodgers has been providing experienced guidance for people suffering due to asbestos exposure. We can guide you through all stages of the legal process, helping you seek maximum compensation for your medical bills, wage loss, pain and suffering, and other hardships.
If you or someone close to you has been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, you do not have to trust your case to a national firm that may shop your case out to another firm. You can call a local number and speak directly with an experienced local asbestos attorney about your situation. Contact us locally at 423-933-2738 or toll free at 888-778-6575 to arrange a free initial consultation with an experienced Chattanooga asbestos litigation lawyer.
Common Aspects Of Asbestos Lawsuits In Tennessee
While every asbestos lawsuit is different, common aspects of many cases include:
- Fact-gathering: The facts concerning how you were exposed to asbestos are important in asbestos litigation. How were you exposed? Did you work in an at-risk occupation? How has asbestos exposure affected your life? We will find answers to these questions starting with your first consultation.
- Filing the complaint: The formal beginning of an asbestos lawsuit is filing the complaint. In this stage, we file a complaint against all parties that may be responsible for our clients’ asbestos exposure, including product manufacturers and suppliers.
- Discovery: The discovery process may involve subpoenaing documents from your former employer and gathering witness testimony, medical documentation and other evidence that may relate to your case.
- Trial preparation: While many asbestos cases settle out of court, we prepare every case as if it is going to trial. We seek the earliest possible trial date, because we understand that time is of the essence for people suffering from mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
- Resolution: Whether you settle your case or go to trial, we will fight for the maximum compensation available under the law. Since 1969, our firm has achieved favorable results for numerous clients from Tennessee and nationwide.
Asbestos litigation may seem complicated, but our attorneys work to make the process as simple and stress-free for our clients as possible. We will handle the legal details while you focus on your medical treatment.
Contact Summers, Rufolo & Rodgers
If you or a loved one has suffered due to asbestos exposure, our attorneys are here to help you explore your legal options. Contact us today online or by telephone at 423-933-2738 to arrange a consultation with an experienced Chattanooga, TN, mesothelioma and asbestos litigation lawyer.