Civil Enforcement Actions and Investigations

As a business owner or white-collar professional, you know that complying with complex laws is an ongoing challenge. Dealing with the SEC or some other agency in a civil enforcement action does not necessarily mean you or your business did anything wrong.

You do, however, need to be careful, because a civil investigation can sometimes lead to criminal charges. At Summers, Rufolo & Rodgers, Attorneys at Law, we are committed to protecting your rights during civil enforcement proceedings involving government agencies.

Give us a call today at 423-265-2385 to discuss your specific situation with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. We help clients throughout the Chattanooga area and the surrounding areas of Tennessee.

What Type Of Enforcement Action Are You Facing?

Our attorneys have a proven record of providing skilled counsel in civil cases that could lead to or already involve charges of white collar crime. This includes:

  • Financial services regulation
  • Securities and other investments
  • Tax or regulatory compliance
  • Health care reimbursement
  • Anti-bribery legislation
  • Qui tam actions

In areas such as these, various state and federal agencies are responsible for enforcing all sorts of rules. These rules can become quite complicated for people and businesses to keep track of, which can lead to civil litigation and enforcement actions – and sometimes criminal investigation or prosecution.

Be careful to not incriminate yourself

If you realize you are the subject of a government investigation, get legal counsel and be careful what you say to government agents. You don’t want to unthinkingly leave yourself open to criminal charges of fraud, money laundering or some other offense.

Our attorneys can help deal with the SEC, the IRS or any other agency that seems to be on your back. We will guide you confidently through the process of responding while protecting your rights – including the right not to incriminate yourself.

Taking Action

To arrange a confidential consultation, call our law office or complete the brief online form.

Skip to content